Team captains are encouraged to be participating members of a local league team and should be familiar with the structure and procedures of the league, as well as the Rules of Tennis.
A captain’s responsibilities include:
- Attend all local league meetings.
- Recruit enough players and alternates necessary to complete the season.
- Ensure that all players meet eligibility requirements.
- Distribute all materials to team members including schedule of play, directions and a list of all team members and telephone numbers.
- Make team members aware of all league regulations.
- Confirm home matches and contact opposing team captains to confirm date and time of match.
- Reschedule postponed or delayed matches in a timely manner and notify Coordinator (within 2 days) of dates of rescheduled matches
- Report winning match results to TennisLink within 2 days following the match.